You are here
The benefits of membership…
- Promotion of the credit hire industry, a sector that has helped secure mobility, while their car is off the road, for millions of customers unfortunate enough to have been in a road accident.
- A central representative body putting forward the views of accident management companies to the media, other trade associations, government departments, parliamentary bodies and many other organisations.
- We work closely with other parts of the insurance market to introduce appropriate mutually beneficial changes, to champion working closer together and to improve – with our partners - the service provided to vehicle accident victims.
- We operat a technical centre providing commentary, guidance and advice on legal and other regulatory developments of relevance to credit hire companies.
- The CHO Technical Committee assist members with questions on the ABI credit Hire/Repair Protocol, and on claims and legal issues connected with their business.
- We are a forum for the exchange of non-competitive information and to collate accident management and other useful market information. The Association holds at least two full member meetings a year, debating many topics of commercial importance to members.
- Social exchanges and opportunities for corporate hospitality; the CHO’s annual dinner and drinks receptions are popular events. At the AGM there is an exhibition for suppliers to the industry to make members aware of their services. Associate members are extensively involved in this event.