The Credit Hire Organisation was established in May 2010 from a merger of the Accident Management Association (AMA) and the National Association of Credit Hire Operators. It now unites the industry.
The Association provides services to credit hire companies by helping to establish a favourable operating environment, by providing a forum for discussion on non-competitive issues, and by providing information to assist them in their business.
The benefits of membership include:
1. Promotion of the credit hire industry.
2. A central representative body putting forward the views of accident management companies to the Association of British Insurers, Government departments and other relevant organisations, most recently being the Transport Select Committee and the Office of Fair Trading.
3. Working closely with the insurance market to introduce appropriate mutually beneficial changes, to discuss opportunities for working closer together and to improve jointly the service provided to vehicle accident victims.
4. Operating a technical centre providing commentary, guidance and advice on legal and other regulatory developments of relevance to credit hire companies.
5. A Technical Committee to assist members with questions on the ABI credit Hire/Repair Protocol, and on claims and legal issues connected with their business.
6. A forum for the exchange of non-competitive information and to collate accident management and other relevant market information.The Association holds at least two full member meetings a year with topics covered of commercial importance to members.
7. Social exchanges and opportunities for corporate hospitality; the annual dinner and drinks receptions are popular events. At the AGM there is an exhibition for suppliers to the industry to make members aware of their services. Associate members are extensively involved in this event.
The CHO has 52 full members and 31 associate members. Members range from the largest operator in the market to companies with a turnover of under £0.2 million a year, as well as some new market entrants. Members are estimated to account for around 90% by volume of the credit hire/credit repair market in the UK. A list of members appears on the website.
Annual subscriptions for 2013 are:
- £1,600 plus vat for members under £1m turnover
- £3,500 plus vat for members with turnover between £1m and £4m
- £5,900 plus vat for members with turnover between £4m and £10m
- £8,900 plus vat for members with turnover between £10m and £25m
- £12,900 plus vat for members with turnover over £25m
- £1,600 plus vat for associate members
Members renewing an existing membership receive a 25% reduction in these fees for payment before 28 February each year.
How to join